Environmentlatest News

Rajpal Yadav Gets Interim Bail in Cheque Bounce Case; Family Expresses Relief and Gratitude for Support

 

Actor Rajpal Yadav received temporary relief on Monday in the ₹9-crore cheque dishonour matter after the Delhi High Court granted him interim bail until March 18.

Following the court’s order, his counsel Bhaskar Upadhyay spoke publicly about the proceedings, alleging that the complainant’s approach appeared driven by hostility rather than financial recovery.

According to him, the intention seemed focused on sending the actor to jail rather than settling the dues.

He also described obtaining bail in the “multi-layered and complex” litigation as extremely challenging.

In an interaction with the media, the lawyer portrayed Rajpal as a simple, family-oriented individual who is unfamiliar with legal intricacies.

He said the actor had assured the court he was willing to repay whatever amount was legitimately due.

The counsel further explained that the financial trouble arose after a film project — in which Rajpal himself had major stakes — failed commercially.

Upadhyay claimed the dispute was not about the recovery of money because the actor had already submitted the original property papers valued at nearly ₹40 crore before the court.

He stated the complainant had allegedly insisted on imprisonment rather than accepting the security. He reiterated that the documents had been formally deposited with the court as proof of substantial assets.

Regarding payments, the lawyer said about ₹2.5 crore has already been arranged, while Rajpal has consistently acknowledged liability of ₹5 crore.

He clarified that this amount represented investment by the production company in the film and not a personal loan taken for private expenses.

He further revealed that several people from the film fraternity had stepped forward to assist financially during the difficult period, though he declined to disclose names, adding that Rajpal himself would share details later.

According to him, the actor remains determined to follow all legal directions and only wishes for a fair hearing.

Rajpal Yadav’s wife also conveyed relief after the court’s decision. She thanked well-wishers and members of the film industry who stood by the family in a challenging time, saying their support gave them emotional strength and hope while the legal process continues.

The actor’s brother, Chandrapal Yadav, also spoke to reporters, expressing optimism that the family’s difficult phase would soon pass and better days were ahead.

When asked about assistance from film personalities, he said Rajpal would personally address that matter.

Earlier in the day, the High Court had directed the actor to deposit ₹1.5 crore by 3 pm as a condition for bail, failing which the hearing would have been deferred.

The payment was made within the deadline, leading to his release.

Rajpal had sought temporary bail to attend his niece’s wedding scheduled for February 19.

Reports indicate the actor may soon hold a press conference regarding the case.

After he surrendered at Tihar Jail authorities last week, multiple well-known figures from the Hindi film industry reportedly extended financial help.

The case dates back to a ₹5-crore borrowing from Murali Projects Pvt Ltd to finance his directorial film Ata Pata Laapata.

The movie failed at the box office, and repayment disputes continued for years, eventually escalating the liability to nearly ₹9 crore.

Earlier this month, the High Court had directed him to surrender, leading to the present legal developments.

#RajpalYadav #DelhiHighCourt #ChequeBounceCase #BollywoodNews #LegalBattle #EntertainmentIndustry #CourtRelief #IndianCinema

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *