latest NewsNational

Reservation Reform Protest Reaches Political Doorstep as UP Deputy CM Promises Delhi Talks

A student-led campaign questioning the present reservation framework may soon get a hearing in Delhi after Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak says its representatives will be connected with the BJP’s central leadership and a Union minister.

A student campaign seeking a major rethinking of India’s reservation policy has moved closer to the political establishment after Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Brajesh Pathak assured its representatives that their concerns would be taken to the BJP’s top leadership.

Pathak said he would also work towards securing a meeting for the delegation with a Union minister in New Delhi within the next two days, opening the possibility of direct discussions between the protesters and the central government.

The students are associated with the “Reservation Hatao Andolan”, a movement that has emerged around a demand for a fundamental restructuring of the present reservation system.

The group wants admissions and government employment opportunities to be determined through an economic or income-based framework rather than the existing structure of reservations.

The campaign has recently drawn attention through demonstrations at Jantar Mantar and a social media mobilisation led by student activist Harsh Dubey.

Speaking alongside members of the delegation on Saturday, Pathak said the government did not want to remain distant from the concerns being raised by young people.

He said the representation submitted by the students would be forwarded to the BJP’s central leadership.

The Deputy Chief Minister also stressed that discussion and engagement should be used to address issues affecting students.

He said an effort would be made to ensure that the delegation gets an opportunity to put its views before a Union minister.

The memorandum submitted by the students does not confine itself to a political demand.

It also raises questions about unequal academic outcomes and differences in the opportunities available to young people.

The delegation has argued that the education system should create conditions in which students from different backgrounds can develop their intellectual potential more equally.

It has also called for an expansion of opportunities in higher and professional education so that fewer students are left feeling excluded from the path to advancement.

Harsh Dubey, one of the prominent faces of the campaign, said the movement was being conducted peacefully and was centred on the idea that every young person should have a fair chance to progress.

He said the assurance given by Pathak had raised hopes that the group would be able to formally present its position before a Union minister shortly.

Dubey is a NEET aspirant from Uttar Pradesh and presently lives in Noida.

His brother, businessman Abhishek Agnihotri, has also been involved in the campaign.

The two recently led a protest at Jantar Mantar calling for changes to the reservation structure.

Before organising the demonstration, Dubey had already become known for his outspoken views on the issue during a televised debate.

He had argued that relatively small differences in marks could have significant consequences for candidates competing for limited opportunities.

He later began using social media to gather support for a broader campaign.

Videos posted by him appealed to students to join a reform movement, while a social media platform using the name “Reservation Hatao Andolan” emerged as a channel for mobilisation.

Dubey had initially planned a different form of protest. On August 2, he announced that he wanted to stage a solo sit-in at Jantar Mantar and sought permission from Delhi Police.

The proposed protest, however, did not receive approval because preventive restrictions under Section 163 of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita were in force.

The movement nevertheless continued to gather attention, eventually bringing a delegation into contact with the Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister.

Pathak’s intervention does not amount to an acceptance of the protesters’ demand for a new reservation framework.

However, it marks an important political opening for a campaign that began with an individual student’s public appeal and has now developed into an organised effort seeking national-level engagement.

The proposed meeting in Delhi will determine whether the movement’s demand remains a protest issue or enters into a more formal dialogue with the government.

हिंदी संस्करण

आरक्षण सुधार की मांग को मिली राजनीतिक पहुंच, डिप्टी सीएम ब्रजेश पाठक ने छात्र प्रतिनिधियों से दिल्ली में मुलाकात कराने का दिया भरोसा

मौजूदा आरक्षण व्यवस्था में व्यापक बदलाव की मांग कर रहे छात्र आंदोलन के प्रतिनिधियों से उपमुख्यमंत्री ब्रजेश पाठक ने कहा कि उनकी बात भाजपा के केंद्रीय नेतृत्व तक पहुंचाई जाएगी और केंद्रीय मंत्री से संवाद का प्रयास किया जाएगा।

देश की आरक्षण व्यवस्था में बड़े बदलाव की मांग को लेकर शुरू हुआ छात्र आंदोलन अब राजनीतिक गलियारों तक पहुंच गया है।

उत्तर प्रदेश के उपमुख्यमंत्री ब्रजेश पाठक ने आंदोलन से जुड़े छात्र प्रतिनिधियों को आश्वासन दिया है कि उनकी मांगों को भाजपा के केंद्रीय नेतृत्व के सामने रखा जाएगा।

उन्होंने यह भी कहा कि प्रतिनिधिमंडल की बात केंद्र सरकार तक पहुंचाने के लिए अगले दो दिनों के भीतर नई दिल्ली में किसी केंद्रीय मंत्री से मुलाकात कराने का प्रयास किया जाएगा।

यह आंदोलन ‘रिजर्वेशन हटाओ आंदोलन’ के नाम से चल रहा है।

इससे जुड़े छात्र मौजूदा आरक्षण व्यवस्था में व्यापक बदलाव चाहते हैं और उनका कहना है कि सरकारी नौकरियों तथा सार्वजनिक शिक्षण संस्थानों में अवसर देने के लिए आर्थिक स्थिति और आय को मुख्य आधार बनाया जाना चाहिए।

शनिवार को छात्र प्रतिनिधियों के साथ बातचीत के बाद ब्रजेश पाठक ने कहा कि युवाओं की आकांक्षाओं और समस्याओं को अनसुना नहीं किया जाएगा।

उन्होंने बताया कि प्रतिनिधिमंडल की ओर से दिया गया ज्ञापन पार्टी के केंद्रीय नेतृत्व तक पहुंचाया जाएगा।

पाठक ने कहा कि छात्रों के मुद्दों को टकराव के बजाय बातचीत के माध्यम से समझने और समाधान तलाशने की कोशिश की जाएगी।

इसी उद्देश्य से उनके प्रतिनिधिमंडल को केंद्रीय मंत्री के समक्ष अपनी बात रखने का अवसर दिलाने का प्रयास किया जा रहा है।

छात्रों की ओर से सौंपे गए पत्र में केवल आरक्षण नीति में बदलाव की मांग ही नहीं, बल्कि शिक्षा और अवसरों की असमानता पर भी चिंता व्यक्त की गई है।

प्रतिनिधिमंडल का कहना है कि सभी विद्यार्थियों को अपनी बौद्धिक क्षमता विकसित करने के समान अवसर मिलने चाहिए।

पत्र में यह भी सुझाव दिया गया है कि उच्च शिक्षा और पेशेवर पाठ्यक्रमों में अवसरों का दायरा बढ़ाया जाए, ताकि अधिक विद्यार्थियों को आगे बढ़ने का मौका मिल सके और किसी के साथ अवसरों को लेकर अन्याय की भावना न बने।

आंदोलन से जुड़े प्रमुख छात्र प्रतिनिधि हर्ष दुबे ने कहा कि उनका अभियान शांतिपूर्ण है और इसका मूल उद्देश्य युवाओं के लिए समान अवसर की मांग करना है।

उन्होंने कहा कि उपमुख्यमंत्री की ओर से मिले आश्वासन के बाद प्रतिनिधिमंडल को उम्मीद है कि वह जल्द ही किसी केंद्रीय मंत्री के सामने अपना पक्ष रख सकेगा।

हर्ष दुबे उत्तर प्रदेश के रहने वाले हैं और वर्तमान में नोएडा में रहते हैं। वह NEET की तैयारी कर रहे हैं। उनके भाई और व्यवसायी अभिषेक अग्निहोत्री भी इस अभियान से जुड़े हैं।

दोनों ने हाल ही में जंतर-मंतर पर आरक्षण व्यवस्था में बदलाव की मांग को लेकर प्रदर्शन किया था।

हर्ष दुबे इससे पहले एक टीवी बहस में आरक्षण के मुद्दे पर अपनी स्पष्ट राय रखने के बाद चर्चा में आए थे।

उन्होंने तर्क दिया था कि सीमित अवसरों वाली प्रतिस्पर्धी परीक्षाओं में अंकों का बहुत छोटा अंतर भी किसी अभ्यर्थी के भविष्य को प्रभावित कर सकता है।

इसके बाद उन्होंने सोशल मीडिया के माध्यम से युवाओं से संपर्क बढ़ाना शुरू किया और आरक्षण नीति में सुधार की मांग को लेकर वीडियो जारी किए।

धीरे-धीरे यह अभियान व्यक्तिगत अपील से आगे बढ़कर एक संगठित आंदोलन का रूप लेने लगा। ‘रिजर्वेशन हटाओ आंदोलन’ नाम से सोशल मीडिया पर भी अभियान चलाया गया।

इससे पहले 2 अगस्त को हर्ष दुबे ने जंतर-मंतर पर अकेले धरने पर बैठने की योजना की घोषणा की थी।

इसके लिए दिल्ली पुलिस से अनुमति मांगी गई थी, लेकिन उस समय भारतीय नागरिक सुरक्षा संहिता की धारा 163 के तहत लागू प्रतिबंधों का हवाला देते हुए अनुमति नहीं दी गई।

अनुमति न मिलने के बाद भी आंदोलन रुका नहीं और समर्थकों ने विभिन्न माध्यमों से अपनी मांगों को आगे बढ़ाना जारी रखा।

अब ब्रजेश पाठक के आश्वासन ने इस अभियान को सरकार और राजनीतिक नेतृत्व के सामने अपनी बात रखने का एक नया अवसर दिया है।

हालांकि, उपमुख्यमंत्री ने आरक्षण व्यवस्था में बदलाव की मांग को स्वीकार करने की कोई घोषणा नहीं की है। उनका आश्वासन फिलहाल आंदोलन और सरकार के बीच संवाद का रास्ता खोलने तक सीमित है।

दिल्ली में प्रस्तावित मुलाकात के बाद यह स्पष्ट हो सकेगा कि छात्र आंदोलन की मांग केवल विरोध प्रदर्शन तक सीमित रहती है या सरकार के साथ किसी औपचारिक बातचीत की दिशा में आगे बढ़ती है।

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *