latest NewsWorld

UAE Alleges Iranian Missile Launch, Halts Trade as Strait of Hormuz Crisis Deepens

The UAE has accused Iran of launching two ballistic missiles towards the country and suspended trade with Tehran as tensions over the Strait of Hormuz and the wider US-Iran conflict intensify.
Emergency alerts were issued across the UAE after two ballistic missiles were reportedly launched from Iran, prompting Abu Dhabi to suspend trade and financial dealings with Tehran as the wider US-Iran confrontation continues to disrupt the vital waterway.

The United Arab Emirates has suspended trade, commercial exchanges and financial transactions with Iran after accusing Tehran of firing two ballistic missiles towards the country, sharply escalating tensions between the neighbouring states amid the continuing crisis over the Strait of Hormuz.

The confrontation began with an emergency missile warning that sent alerts to residents across the UAE, including Dubai, on Tuesday evening.

At about 6.52 pm local time, people were instructed to move immediately to the nearest secure shelter.

The warning was withdrawn roughly 15 minutes later.

The UAE Interior Ministry subsequently said the immediate danger had passed and asked the public to return to normal activities.

The UAE Ministry of Defence later said its air defence network had detected two ballistic missiles launched from Iran in the direction of the Emirates.

One of the missiles reportedly landed outside UAE territorial waters, while the other came down within them.

A subsequent assessment indicated that the missiles may have been aimed at ships operating in the surrounding waters rather than targets on land. Both projectiles ultimately fell into the sea, according to the ministry.

The UAE military said its forces remained at a high state of readiness and were prepared to respond to any action threatening the country’s security, sovereignty or territorial integrity.

Iran, however, rejected the accusation.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei dismissed the UAE’s claim that Tehran had fired a missile towards the country, describing the allegation as baseless.

He said such accusations could undermine efforts to develop confidence and stability among regional states.

Baghaei also urged countries in the region to avoid making claims that were not supported by evidence at a time when tensions across the Gulf have already reached a dangerous level.

The reported missile incident follows a series of attacks involving vessels linked to the UAE in the Strait of Hormuz.

UAE state news agency WAM has reported attacks on ships belonging to Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. while they were passing through the strategically crucial waterway. Iran has not accepted responsibility for those incidents.

Abu Dhabi’s response to the latest confrontation came swiftly.

Hours after the missile allegation, the UAE announced that all trade, commercial dealings and financial transactions with Iran would be suspended until further notice.

The government said the decision was taken in response to developments that were endangering peace and security at both the regional and international levels.

The move represents a serious setback in relations between the two countries, which had entered a relatively calmer phase after a June memorandum was intended to help create conditions for dialogue aimed at ending the wider conflict.

While the UAE has continued to stress the need to prevent further escalation, the alleged missile launch and the decision to freeze economic ties have pushed regional diplomacy into a more uncertain phase.

The dispute is unfolding against the backdrop of the unresolved confrontation between the United States and Iran.

A 60-day period for negotiations under the June arrangement ended on August 17 without producing an agreement.

The proposed diplomatic process had been expected to address the broader conflict as well as the future of the Strait of Hormuz.

US President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that no talks with Iran were taking place and none were currently scheduled.

Iran, meanwhile, has maintained that the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until its own conditions for ending the conflict are fulfilled.

Trump has asserted that the strategic passage is open and functioning, but maritime traffic through the area remains far below levels seen before the conflict.

The Strait of Hormuz had previously handled about one-fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas shipments.

Any prolonged disruption therefore carries serious consequences for global energy supplies and international markets.


यूएई ने ईरान पर मिसाइल दागने का आरोप लगाया, व्यापारिक संबंध निलंबित; होर्मुज संकट और गहराया

यूएई-ईरान तनाव: मिसाइल आरोप के बाद व्यापार निलंबित, होर्मुज संकट गहराया
यूएई का ईरान पर मिसाइल हमला करने का आरोप, व्यापार निलंबित; होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य संकट गहराया
यूएई ने दावा किया कि ईरान से उसकी दिशा में दो बैलिस्टिक मिसाइलें दागी गईं, जिसके बाद अबू धाबी ने तेहरान के साथ व्यापार और वित्तीय लेन-देन रोकने का फैसला किया।
हिंदी रिपोर्ट

संयुक्त अरब अमीरात ने ईरान के साथ अपने आर्थिक संबंधों पर बड़ा कदम उठाते हुए व्यापार, वाणिज्यिक आदान-प्रदान और वित्तीय लेन-देन को अगले आदेश तक निलंबित कर दिया है।

यह फैसला ऐसे समय में लिया गया है, जब यूएई ने तेहरान पर अपनी ओर दो बैलिस्टिक मिसाइलें दागने का आरोप लगाया है।

इस घटनाक्रम ने खाड़ी क्षेत्र में तनाव को एक नए स्तर पर पहुंचा दिया है, जहां पहले से ही अमेरिका और ईरान के बीच गहरा टकराव जारी है और दुनिया के सबसे महत्वपूर्ण समुद्री मार्गों में से एक होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य संघर्ष के केंद्र में बना हुआ है।

मंगलवार शाम करीब 6.52 बजे यूएई के विभिन्न हिस्सों, जिनमें दुबई भी शामिल है, के निवासियों के मोबाइल फोन पर मिसाइल खतरे से संबंधित आपात संदेश भेजा गया।

लोगों से तत्काल नजदीकी सुरक्षित इमारत या आश्रय स्थल में जाने को कहा गया।

करीब 15 मिनट बाद चेतावनी समाप्त कर दी गई। यूएई के गृह मंत्रालय ने बताया कि तत्काल स्थिति सुरक्षित है और लोगों से सामान्य गतिविधियां फिर शुरू करने की अपील की गई।

इसके बाद यूएई के रक्षा मंत्रालय ने कहा कि उसकी वायु रक्षा प्रणाली ने ईरान से देश की दिशा में दागी गई दो बैलिस्टिक मिसाइलों का पता लगाया।

मंत्रालय के अनुसार, एक मिसाइल यूएई की समुद्री सीमा के बाहर गिरी, जबकि दूसरी देश के क्षेत्रीय जलक्षेत्र के भीतर समुद्र में आ गिरी।

बाद में किए गए आकलन में संकेत मिला कि दोनों मिसाइलों का संभावित निशाना समुद्री यातायात हो सकता था।

रक्षा मंत्रालय ने कहा कि दोनों मिसाइलें अंततः समुद्र में गिर गईं और किसी स्थलीय लक्ष्य को नुकसान नहीं पहुंचा।

यूएई ने कहा कि उसकी सैन्य और सुरक्षा एजेंसियां पूरी तरह सतर्क हैं तथा देश की सुरक्षा और संप्रभुता के सामने आने वाले किसी भी खतरे से निपटने के लिए तैयार हैं।

हालांकि, ईरान ने मिसाइल प्रक्षेपण के आरोप को सिरे से खारिज कर दिया।

ईरान के विदेश मंत्रालय के प्रवक्ता इस्माईल बघाई ने यूएई के आरोप को निराधार बताया और कहा कि तेहरान ने यूएई की दिशा में कोई मिसाइल नहीं दागी।

उन्होंने कहा कि ऐसे आरोप क्षेत्रीय देशों के बीच विश्वास बहाली की कोशिशों को नुकसान पहुंचा सकते हैं।

बघाई ने क्षेत्र के अन्य पक्षों से भी तनावपूर्ण माहौल में बिना पर्याप्त आधार के आरोप लगाने से बचने की अपील की।

ताजा विवाद होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य में यूएई से जुड़े जहाजों को लेकर हुई कई घटनाओं के बाद सामने आया है।

यूएई की सरकारी समाचार एजेंसी वाम पहले अबू धाबी नेशनल ऑयल कंपनी से जुड़े जहाजों पर हमलों की जानकारी दे चुकी है, जब वे इस रणनीतिक समुद्री मार्ग से गुजर रहे थे।

इन घटनाओं की जिम्मेदारी ईरान ने स्वीकार नहीं की है।

मिसाइल के आरोप के कुछ ही घंटों बाद यूएई ने अपना आर्थिक जवाब घोषित कर दिया। अबू धाबी ने कहा कि ईरान के साथ सभी व्यापारिक, वाणिज्यिक और वित्तीय लेन-देन अगले आदेश तक रोक दिए जाएंगे।

सरकार ने इस निर्णय को उन क्षेत्रीय परिस्थितियों से जोड़ा है, जो उसके अनुसार क्षेत्रीय और अंतरराष्ट्रीय शांति एवं सुरक्षा को प्रभावित कर रही हैं।

यह कदम दोनों पड़ोसी देशों के रिश्तों में एक बड़ा बदलाव माना जा रहा है।

जून में हुए एक समझौते के बाद तनाव कम करने और व्यापक संघर्ष समाप्त करने के लिए बातचीत का रास्ता खोलने की कोशिश की गई थी, लेकिन अब ताजा घटनाक्रम ने उस प्रक्रिया को गंभीर झटका दिया है।

यूएई लगातार कहता रहा है कि वह क्षेत्र में तनाव और युद्ध का विस्तार नहीं चाहता।

लेकिन कथित मिसाइल प्रकरण और ईरान के साथ आर्थिक संबंधों को रोकने के फैसले ने कूटनीतिक प्रयासों के सामने नई चुनौती खड़ी कर दी है।

यह पूरा घटनाक्रम अमेरिका और ईरान के बीच जारी व्यापक संघर्ष के बीच सामने आया है।

जून के समझौते के तहत व्यापक शांति समझौते पर बातचीत के लिए निर्धारित 60 दिनों की अवधि 17 अगस्त को बिना किसी महत्वपूर्ण सफलता के समाप्त हो गई।

इस प्रक्रिया में संघर्ष समाप्त करने के साथ-साथ होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य की स्थिति का समाधान भी शामिल था।

अमेरिकी राष्ट्रपति डोनाल्ड ट्रंप ने मंगलवार को कहा कि ईरान के साथ फिलहाल कोई बातचीत नहीं हो रही है और ऐसी कोई वार्ता निर्धारित भी नहीं है।

दूसरी ओर, ईरान का कहना है कि जब तक संघर्ष समाप्त करने के लिए उसकी शर्तें पूरी नहीं होतीं, होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य बंद रहेगा।

ट्रंप ने दावा किया है कि यह समुद्री मार्ग खुला और चालू है, लेकिन युद्ध-पूर्व अवधि की तुलना में यहां जहाजों की आवाजाही अब भी काफी कम बनी हुई है।

होर्मुज जलडमरूमध्य से पहले दुनिया के लगभग पांचवें हिस्से के तेल और तरलीकृत प्राकृतिक गैस के वैश्विक समुद्री शिपमेंट गुजरते थे।

ऐसे में इस मार्ग में लंबे समय तक बाधा बने रहने से वैश्विक ऊर्जा आपूर्ति और अंतरराष्ट्रीय बाजारों पर गंभीर प्रभाव पड़ सकता है।

 

=

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *