Ukraine’s Massive Drone Barrage Targets Moscow as Russia Strikes Kyiv; NATO Jet Downs Drone Over Romania
Russia says it intercepted 822 Ukrainian drones overnight, including 201 over the Moscow region, as deadly Russian missile and drone attacks hit Ukrainian cities and a suspected Russian drone enters Romanian airspace.
Ukraine launches a massive drone barrage targeting Moscow as Russia reports 822 drones destroyed. Russian strikes hit Kyiv and Kryvyi Rih, while a Spanish F-18 downs a suspected Russian drone over Romania.
MOSCOW/KYIV — The Russia-Ukraine war saw a sharp escalation in long-range aerial attacks over the weekend, with Ukraine launching a massive drone assault toward Moscow as Russian forces carried out missile and drone strikes on Kyiv and other Ukrainian cities.
Russian authorities said the overnight Ukrainian barrage involved hundreds of drones across the country.
Russia’s Defence Ministry claimed that 822 Ukrainian drones had been destroyed, while Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said around 600 drones had been directed toward the capital and surrounding areas.
Of those, 201 were reported destroyed in the Moscow region.
The attacks caused casualties in Russia.
Moscow-region Governor Andrei Vorobyov said an 83-year-old man was killed after a drone struck a private house.
Five other people were reported killed in Russia’s Rostov region, which lies close to the Ukrainian border, according to regional authorities.
The reported toll from the Russian side was therefore at least six deaths.
The scale of the assault made it one of the largest Ukrainian drone operations against Russian territory since the full-scale invasion began in 2022.
The strikes also damaged industrial and commercial facilities, including a large warehouse belonging to the Russian e-commerce company Wildberries near Moscow.
The Ukrainian offensive came as Russia intensified its own aerial campaign against Ukraine.
In Kyiv, authorities reported a ballistic-missile attack late Saturday, with explosions triggering fires at non-residential locations in the Obolonskyi and Holosiivskyi districts.
At least one person was wounded, according to officials.
In Kryvyi Rih, the central Ukrainian city where President Volodymyr Zelenskyy was born, Russian missile and drone strikes killed a woman and wounded six others, according to regional authorities.
Other areas of Ukraine also came under attack, adding to the growing civilian toll from Russia’s long-range bombardment.
The latest exchange of strikes comes against a backdrop of increasingly intense aerial warfare, with both sides demonstrating the ability to attack targets far beyond the immediate battlefield.
Analysts have described the attacks on Moscow and Kyiv as another indication that the conflict is expanding in geographic reach.
Ukraine has increasingly used long-range drones to strike military, industrial and logistical targets deep inside Russia, arguing that such operations are a response to Russia’s continuing attacks on Ukrainian cities and infrastructure.
A recent United Nations assessment underscored the worsening civilian situation.
The UN Human Rights Monitoring Mission said at least 437 civilians were killed and 2,610 injured in Ukraine in July 2026, making it the deadliest month for civilian casualties since March 2022.
The UN said the figure represented a 30 percent increase from June and a 70 percent rise compared with July 2025.
NATO Airspace Incident Raises Regional Concerns
The latest escalation also spilled into NATO territory.
Romania’s Defence Ministry said a drone entered its airspace from the direction of neighbouring Moldova early Sunday.
Two Spanish F-18 fighter jets operating as part of NATO’s air-policing mission were scrambled, and one of the aircraft subsequently shot down the drone.
Romanian officials said the drone was intercepted near Galați, with debris falling in an unpopulated area.
NATO officials said preliminary indications suggested the drone was Russian, although the investigation into its origin and circumstances remained underway.
Romanian Defence Minister Radu Miruță praised the military personnel involved in the operation.
The incident marked the fourth time this year that a drone has been shot down over Romanian territory, according to Romanian authorities.
Romania, which shares a long border with Ukraine, has repeatedly faced the risk of Russian drones crossing into its territory during attacks on Ukrainian targets near the frontier.
The latest incident highlights the growing possibility that the intensifying air war could create wider security risks beyond Ukraine and Russia.
For more than four years, Russia’s full-scale invasion has evolved into an increasingly sophisticated contest involving missiles, long-range attack drones, electronic warfare and air-defence systems.
Ukraine’s expanding ability to strike deep inside Russia, coupled with Moscow’s continuing bombardment of Ukrainian cities, has raised fears that the aerial dimension of the war could become even more destructive in the months ahead.
मॉस्को पर यूक्रेन का बड़ा ड्रोन हमला, रूस ने 822 ड्रोन गिराने का दावा किया; रोमानिया में NATO जेट ने ड्रोन मार गिराया
रूस के मुताबिक अकेले मॉस्को क्षेत्र की ओर करीब 600 ड्रोन भेजे गए, जिनमें 201 को मार गिराया गया; जवाब में रूसी मिसाइल और ड्रोन हमलों से कीव समेत यूक्रेन के कई शहर प्रभावित हुए।
मॉस्को पर यूक्रेन का ड्रोन हमला, रूस ने 822 ड्रोन गिराए
यूक्रेन ने मॉस्को और रूस के अन्य इलाकों को निशाना बनाकर बड़े पैमाने पर ड्रोन हमला किया। रूस ने 822 ड्रोन नष्ट करने का दावा किया। कीव पर रूसी हमले के बीच रोमानिया में NATO जेट ने संदिग्ध रूसी ड्रोन मार गिराया।
हिंदी रिपोर्ट
मॉस्को/कीव। रूस और यूक्रेन के बीच जारी युद्ध में हवाई हमलों की तीव्रता एक बार फिर बढ़ गई है।
यूक्रेन ने मॉस्को और रूस के आसपास के इलाकों को निशाना बनाकर बड़े पैमाने पर ड्रोन हमला किया, जबकि रूस ने इसके जवाब में यूक्रेन की राजधानी कीव समेत कई शहरों पर मिसाइल और ड्रोन हमले किए।
रूस के रक्षा मंत्रालय ने दावा किया कि रातभर में देश के विभिन्न हिस्सों में 822 यूक्रेनी ड्रोन नष्ट किए गए।
मॉस्को के मेयर सर्गेई सोबयानिन के अनुसार, करीब 600 ड्रोन राजधानी और उसके आसपास के इलाके की ओर भेजे गए थे। इनमें से 201 ड्रोन को मॉस्को क्षेत्र में मार गिराने का दावा किया गया।
इस हमले में रूस में कम से कम छह लोगों की मौत की सूचना है।
मॉस्को क्षेत्र के गवर्नर आंद्रेई वोरोब्योव ने बताया कि एक ड्रोन के निजी मकान से टकराने के बाद 83 वर्षीय व्यक्ति की मौत हो गई। वहीं, यूक्रेन की सीमा से लगे रूस के रोस्तोव क्षेत्र में पांच अन्य लोगों के मारे जाने की सूचना क्षेत्रीय अधिकारियों ने दी।
यह हमला युद्ध शुरू होने के बाद रूस के खिलाफ यूक्रेन की सबसे बड़ी ड्रोन कार्रवाइयों में से एक माना जा रहा है।
मॉस्को के आसपास औद्योगिक और व्यावसायिक प्रतिष्ठानों को भी नुकसान पहुंचा। रूसी ई-कॉमर्स कंपनी वाइल्डबेरीज के एक बड़े गोदाम में आग लगने की भी खबर सामने आई।
कीव और क्रीवी रिह में रूसी हमले
यूक्रेन की ओर से रूस पर ड्रोन हमले ऐसे समय किए गए जब रूसी सेना ने यूक्रेन के कई हिस्सों में हवाई हमले तेज कर दिए।
राजधानी कीव में अधिकारियों ने शनिवार देर रात बैलिस्टिक मिसाइल हमले की सूचना दी।
ओबोलोन्स्की और होलोसीव्स्की जिलों में गैर-आवासीय इलाकों में आग लगने की खबर सामने आई। हमले में कम से कम एक व्यक्ति के घायल होने की जानकारी दी गई।
मध्य यूक्रेन के क्रीवी रिह शहर में भी मिसाइल और ड्रोन हमले हुए। यह शहर राष्ट्रपति वोलोदिमीर जेलेंस्की का गृहनगर है। क्षेत्रीय अधिकारियों के अनुसार, हमले में एक महिला की मौत हो गई और छह अन्य लोग घायल हुए।
लगातार हो रहे ये हमले दिखाते हैं कि रूस-यूक्रेन युद्ध अब केवल अग्रिम मोर्चे तक सीमित नहीं रह गया है। दोनों पक्ष लंबी दूरी तक हमला करने वाले ड्रोन और मिसाइलों का इस्तेमाल कर रहे हैं।
यूक्रेन लगातार रूस के भीतर सैन्य, औद्योगिक और लॉजिस्टिक ठिकानों को निशाना बना रहा है और इसे रूसी हमलों की प्रतिक्रिया बता रहा है।
इस बीच, संयुक्त राष्ट्र की हालिया रिपोर्ट ने यूक्रेन में नागरिकों पर बढ़ते युद्ध के प्रभाव को लेकर गंभीर तस्वीर पेश की है। संयुक्त राष्ट्र मानवाधिकार निगरानी मिशन के मुताबिक जुलाई 2026 में यूक्रेन में कम से कम 437 नागरिक मारे गए और 2,610 घायल हुए।
यह मार्च 2022 के बाद किसी एक महीने में नागरिकों के लिए सबसे घातक आंकड़ा था। जून की तुलना में जुलाई में नागरिक हताहतों की संख्या 30 प्रतिशत अधिक रही, जबकि जुलाई 2025 के मुकाबले इसमें 70 प्रतिशत की वृद्धि दर्ज की गई।
रोमानिया के हवाई क्षेत्र में घुसा ड्रोन
युद्ध का असर रविवार को NATO सदस्य रोमानिया तक भी पहुंच गया। रोमानिया के रक्षा मंत्रालय के अनुसार, एक ड्रोन पड़ोसी देश मोल्दोवा की दिशा से उसके हवाई क्षेत्र में दाखिल हुआ।
NATO के हवाई निगरानी मिशन में तैनात स्पेन के F-18 लड़ाकू विमानों को तुरंत सक्रिय किया गया। इनमें से एक विमान ने रोमानियाई हवाई क्षेत्र में घुसे ड्रोन को मार गिराया।
अधिकारियों के मुताबिक मलबा आबादी से दूर एक इलाके में गिरा।
NATO के एक अधिकारी ने कहा कि शुरुआती संकेतों के आधार पर ड्रोन के रूसी होने की आशंका है, हालांकि घटना की जांच अभी जारी है।
रोमानिया के रक्षा मंत्री राडु मिरुत्सा ने कार्रवाई में शामिल पायलटों और सैन्यकर्मियों की सराहना की। रोमानियाई अधिकारियों के मुताबिक इस साल देश के हवाई क्षेत्र में घुसे ड्रोन को मार गिराने की यह चौथी घटना है।
यूक्रेन के साथ लंबी सीमा साझा करने वाले रोमानिया के लिए इस तरह की घटनाएं बढ़ती सुरक्षा चुनौती का संकेत हैं। रूस और यूक्रेन के बीच बढ़ते ड्रोन युद्ध के कारण पड़ोसी देशों के हवाई क्षेत्र में भी खतरा बढ़ रहा है।
चार साल से अधिक समय से जारी युद्ध में मिसाइलों और लंबी दूरी के ड्रोन के साथ-साथ इलेक्ट्रॉनिक युद्ध और हवाई रक्षा प्रणालियों की भूमिका लगातार बढ़ी है।
मॉस्को तक पहुंचने की यूक्रेन की बढ़ती क्षमता और यूक्रेनी शहरों पर रूस के लगातार हमलों के बीच आने वाले समय में हवाई युद्ध के और तीव्र होने की आशंका बनी हुई है।

